JesseCapelli.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

SpiderMan 3 - WOW!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: SpiderMan 3 - WOW! Reply with quote

I just recently saw the latest HD "final trailer" of Spiderman3 and its just amazing.

All the reviews for Spiderman sneak preview showing in Japan are great.

Looks like this is going to be the best movie of all 3.

Can't wait to see it!!

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna check the movie out to day *is putting her top and pants on while hiking on her legs and dropping on floor*

i'll write more later if you'd like Ronald Very Happy
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT I SAW IT!!!!!

and it was gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood...
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, so many good movies in just the past few months... first 300, then Grindhouse, then Hot Fuzz... I've been waiting a long time to see Venom in a Spiderman movie, though so far I've been hearing mixed reviews... But if Carrie liked it so much, I guess I'm sold. Very Happy

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fact: There was a Spider-Man movie planned in the 1980's that was never finished, or even filmed as far as I can tell. The main villain was going to be Venom but since the movie never say the light of day the costumes were sold off. What's left of the Venom suit can be seen in the movie Split Second, staring Rutger Hauer, as the "creature".

Plot summary - In a futuristic London, the rising sea levels mean that large areas are under feet of water. Hauer plays a cop who previously lost his partner to some strange creature. Now the creature is back and its after him.

Quote - "Gotta get bigger guns!"

Ah, B-movies at their, er, best? Smile
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it.

The end was kind of disapointing as I was expecting the 2 to get married at the end.

I guess that is for part-4. With Carnage and Scorpion or Chameleon.

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I liked it.

The end was kind of disapointing as I was expecting the 2 to get married at the end.

I guess that is for part-4. With Carnage and Scorpion or Chameleon.

I'm gonna miss harry t--------------t

What about Felica, we saw her in this movie, you think she'll become: 'Catwoman'?
>X3
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it will depend on how closely they want to follow the comics. So far, it's been pretty good about that but there have been deviations. For example, Peter/Spidey hasn't killed Gwen Stacy yet.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
I guess it will depend on how closely they want to follow the comics. So far, it's been pretty good about that but there have been deviations. For example, Peter/Spidey hasn't killed Gwen Stacy yet.

I thought Harry did that.

(Well, I guess that is a matter of perspective.)

Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Harry threw her off the bridge, but it was Peter that actually killed her. The force of the recoil when he snagged her with his webbing (in order to prevent her falling to her death) broke her neck. It's really a toss up there as to whom to blame. At least he didn't have it as bad as Kyle Rayner (one of the Green Lantern's).
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back home from seeing Spiderman 3 and I liked it a lot. Carrie, I believe Felica become Black Cat, not Catwoman. And to you, Xebulon and Ronald, it's been years since I've followed the antics of Spiderman and the other Marvel's, could you please explain what you're talking about?
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwen Stacy was Peter Parker's first girlfriend/true love in the comic books. She was killed during a fight between the Green Goblin (Norman, not Harry. We were wrong Mr. Trang) and Spider-man. Norman threw her off a bridge and when Peter snagged her with his webbing, the sudden stop broke her neck. This event also marked a major change in comic books, being (more or less) the first time a hero seriously failed to save a loved one.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, thank you Xebulon, that does sound very familiar but I'm still getting nothing definate from the vast expanse that is my memory but at least now I know what you are talking about. Thank you again.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, given that Curt Connors has been a part of the Spiderman movies since the first of the three, if Lizard doesn't appear in Spiderman 4 I'm going personally to Hollywood to slap the script-writers. And with a gauntlet too.
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm so they did it wrong allready

gwen was supossed to be with parker first and then mary jane
i hope black kat will be there

yeah catwoman i got confused aboutit later XD darn it

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzz/Spiderman_4

oh 4 5 and a 6 on the way with number 4 for 2009, wow and toby is growing older, hmmmm, i wonder i wonder i wonder if they keep going with toby...
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Tobey and Kirsten might not do a fourth movie, which I don't blame them... Trilogies are always good, but Quadralogies tend to peter-out by the fourth movie...

As for who I think should be in the next movie, I'd vote for Kraven the Hunter and Black Cat... of course, there's always the chance of them going with the very long (and very confusing) "Spiderman clones" story-lines, but even I believe the comic "jumped the shark" when they started throwing in the Spidey-clones...

I'm about to go see Spiderman 3 tonight, so I'll be able to give you all my honest critique when I get back from the theater...

Johnny's backstory
Carrie-Phox

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
I've heard that Tobey and Kirsten might not do a fourth movie, which I don't blame them... Trilogies are always good, but Quadralogies tend to peter-out by the fourth movie...

As for who I think should be in the next movie, I'd vote for Kraven the Hunter and Black Cat... of course, there's always the chance of them going with the very long (and very confusing) "Spiderman clones" story-lines, but even I believe the comic "jumped the shark" when they started throwing in the Spidey-clones...

I'm about to go see Spiderman 3 tonight, so I'll be able to give you all my honest critique when I get back from the theater...

I really liked the black cat a lot, since she was awesome, though after that they broke up, in spiderman animated, peter almost married mary jane, i never saw the next episode

just in case sweet, i just love how jameson acts XD
specially the camera scene and the part where he has to take his medicin for blood presure. XD
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think if they were worried about his blood pressure they'd turn down that buzzer, it made the table move every time she buzzed him, if anything, that might be worse for his blood pressure than taking the wrong medicine. As for what villian will be in the next movie, I think either Venom, Scorpion or Lizard and I think Black Cat will appear as well.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to see the movie tonight, and it wasn't too bad, though the pacing of the movie seemed to drag quite a bit in the middle. There wasn't enough Venom in this movie for my tastes... While I can appreciate the story they did with Sandman and the whole theme of revenge vs. forgiveness, it seems like it almost belonged in a different movie. I was pretty disappointed by the serious lack of screen-time given to both Eddie Brock and Venom, they really could have done more I think. Also, Gwen Stacy really felt like she was just tacked-on to the story at the last moment, there really wasn't much to her character at all...

And once Peter Parker got a hold of the black suit and changed his hairstyle, I couldn't help but think the entire time "Spidey is emo"...

I give it a "B-"... nice special effects, Sandman was pretty cool, and what little of Venom we got to see was great, but a bit cheesy and melodramatic through most of it. Not an amazing movie, but still a fun one if you're a Spidey fan...

And here's an interesting fact that I noticed...
**SPOILER ALERT!!**
Sandman is the only Spidey villain that doesn't get killed at the end of the movie, and yet of all the villains he's the only one that Spidey (under the influence of the black suit) had actively tried to kill. Green Goblin killed himself with his own glider, Doc Oc sacrificed himself nobily to save the day, and Eddie Brock seemed to die in an explosion due to his own inability to separate from the Venom symbiote. One could maybe argue that Spidey tried to kill Harry Osbourn (aka "The New Goblin") while under the influence of the black suit as well, but I would argue he only really intended to scar him and destroy his ego. Still, even Harry goes for the noble, heroic death at the end...
**End Spoiler Alert**

Johnny's backstory
HSHP

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must've missed something. Where did Felicia show up? I can't even find a credit for her on IMDB. And I'll agree with the Lizard thing. I've been waiting for him to show up since Spidey 1. They better bring him around soon. Maybe they should've used the Vulture if they wanted a superfluous villain like they used Venom for. He was too easily defeated for one of Spidey's most dangerous and lethal enemies. As for Spidey 3, there was just too much put into the movie. They needed to leave Venom out and give him his own movie to torment Spidey in. I think that the people involved worry the movies won't be big enough to make another one and want to shove as many of the popular villains as they can in one movie. Look how that killed Batman. Well, that and the bat-nipples.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felicia was the model Spiderman saved from the collapsing building, the girl Brock was dating, the daughter of the cheif of police and the one who gave Spiderman the key to the city and kissed him upside down. And I think Venom will definatly be back, remember, Peter's professor still has a sample of the Venom symbiot in his lab.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm you're describing Gwen Stacy.
That's not Felicia.

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/black_cat.html

Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen the movie. Kinda nice, if a bit rushed in all the non-sandman, non-evil spiderman bits... Also, they downplayed much of Spidey's abilities: I mean, I know that Venom is immune to Spiderman's spidersense, but neither Neo-Goblin nor Sandman are Venom... and Spidey gets surprised by both.

Anyway, a thing that irked me big time was Gwen. In the comic she was gentle, friendly, intelligent and resourceful, just like her dad; in this movie she's the ultimate airhead, the stereotype of the dumb blonde made person. Honestly, since when being a foil for the female lead entails a full lobotomy? Shocked
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure, Ronald, I could have sworn that was Felicia, if you'll pardon the phrase, I would have bet money on it.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Are you sure, Ronald, I could have sworn that was Felicia, if you'll pardon the phrase, I would have bet money on it.

This is Gwen Stacy's bio:

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/gwen_stacy.html
"Gwen lived with her father, police Capt. George Stacy. "

Also here on IMDB:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0413300/

Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be... Thank you, Ronald, for setting me straight. And I appologize, HSHP, for giving you the wrong information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1