JesseCapelli.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Authors, authors everywhere and not a drop of ink

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Authors, authors everywhere and not a drop of ink Reply with quote

I can't help but wonder, how many people here are aspiring or publicized authors? I've seen several well written stories here already, but mainly just to explain a bit about the writer's character. What I am curious about is, how many of those character histories are a part of something bigger? Or are there other works by those writers that are unrelated?
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dabbled with some fiction writing, but I suppose I've never really seriously given thought to writing as a career. I just feel free to write whatever I feel like for fun or as a creative outlet. I do aspire to a more "creative" career, it just all boils down to me finally making up my damn mind and focusing, I suppose... Razz I'm too darned interested in doing everything...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
MrWolf12
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never really that interested in writing. In my teens I was more the artist. My art looking much like what you find here on PBB. Furry characters, mainly female, with overly exaggerated attributes (see artists like Doug Winger and Jeremy Kidd) thanks to the typical mindset of a teenage boy. Laughing

Didn't start writing till much later, when my more artistic muse decided to leave me. Couldn't draw if I wanted to now, but my writing just got better. Only problem is I have many stories started...very few finished. Laughing
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
I've dabbled with some fiction writing, but I suppose I've never really seriously given thought to writing as a career. I just feel free to write whatever I feel like for fun or as a creative outlet. I do aspire to a more "creative" career, it just all boils down to me finally making up my damn mind and focusing, I suppose... Razz I'm too darned interested in doing everything...

Well said...every time i sit down,tell myself-"Okay for the last time now,im gonna do this shiznit"And after,say 3 minutes,i find myself shufeling cards,flipping bottels and aaall those things that have nuthin' to do with the matter at hand...But i don't find nothing more interesting then sitin' down in my garden,with a bottel of "Makers Mark",writing about something,or reading a good book... Wink
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the difficulty of finishing a story. Heh, I've been stuck on the same one for nearly 13 years now. I always think of a better way to write one part, but then I have to change another, then another, and before I know it I've started fresh. With my latest brainchild however, I'm taking more precautions. Here's hoping it works... (pours a shot of Glenfiddich)
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small 4 chapter story on another site that I originally was going to make a 7 or 8 chapter story, but half-way through I didn't like the direction the story was going and lost my steam, and I just could never motivate myself to finish it. It's been something like 5 years since I wrote the originals... I'm pretty sure at this point it will remain unfinished.

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we all have our brainstorms from time to time...making something,
then you have a better idea and so on and so on till you have a litle mountain
behind your desk all from your past ideas and drafts. Smile But more reacently,
either i had too much alcohol,or it was real good.I managed to cook up something that i belive i can realy finnish... Curious The strange thing is...its inspired by Pleasure Bon Bon Shocked Wow, i actually feel like somebody quite familliar Wink
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once thought of majoring in English and writing during my Junior and Senior years, but the thought has long since drifted away.

I had planned of writing a series of D&D supplements based off campaigns I have run with my friends. A few are very good artists, and said they'd help illustrate. *shrugs* Perhaps someday.

As for alot of the stuff I write here... Embarassed well, as much as I appreciate everyone enjoying my creativity, it will pretty much stay online. It would be quite an odd site if I published a book with a bit of the erotic writing I do, only to go to lunch after visiting church with my folks and having someone ask me to sign their book. Confused

Theres a shock for you all. I'm actually a son of a praise and worship leader/former pastor/former missionairy. And look where I visit now when I'm not at church. Razz I'm terrible.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite ironic.But don't get discoureged.I can see that you are a religious personae(or fursonae,whichever you like best)Erotic art isn't something you should be ashamed of,its something that you need to be proud of!I belive that sex is The ultimate feelling that a man and a woman could ever expiriense.Erotic art is as close to it as you can get to it,no mather its forms.
P.S. Pardon my English if it isnt understandible sometimes,after all im not english Laughing
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its not so much I'm ashamed of my works. I'm usually happy with the final edition .For instance, Mystic's history I redid about 3 times until I finally got whats posted. I half don't want to do too much, to discourage readers from reading my histories, as you can tell at only the steamy parts I went into detail.

The thing I'm concerned about is it pouring into my "good side." Its not so much a double life, as much as theres the online side of me, and the offline side of me. You know what I'm talking about.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,i know Wink Im sort of a double person myself.But my good side is shown here and my other...oh,boy! Rolling Eyes And i think the real pleasure in a story is a wide description.After all,why do a bit of it,when you can do all of it!Just post it in a new thread,i would enjoy reading it,the others will do too,im sure Wink
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Labrn. Your writing is very enjoyable. Much better than my own, if I may say so. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1