JesseCapelli.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

E3 and Halo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: E3 and Halo Reply with quote

.... I'm stunned and amazed at the new quality that they put into the game. They showed new armor abilities, weapons, some campaign. Its just all so cool to see how 343 Industries made Halo all over again.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen of Halo 4 up to this point, I'm quite eager to play it.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately. I'm glad about a few changes they have shown so far that indicated improvements over H:Reach.

For one, the removal of the health bar once more. It pretty much allows a player to jump right back into the fight after a brief period of respite after recharging their shields.

Faster paced movements. Although I say sprinting is a tad bit like COD, I'm going to give it a chance, especially since it allows people to use it in conjunction with the thruster pack to go further distances where it is allowed.

Damage indicators are back as well from the Halo 3 game, which, in my opinion, was sorely skewed in Reach. When I say damage indicators, I'm talking about the feed that shows exactly which direction you are taking damage from so you can make a quick turn and return fire. I do remember that this is a video game, so being able to know where I'm being fired from a priority since I cannot turn my own head to find out where the bullets hit me from. In Reach, the only thing we go we a red arrow that either pointed left or right, which is not a very helpful because a guy could be right behind you but just slightly to the left of you and you would'nt know it.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bfjeisNFCEO;WNBCUJED;BjKDSJVK;;njvka;njdk;snzvjVKFO;DABN

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nsWyP0LBikI

And this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWzhpjS62I

"Hold onto your butts."

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan Ops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em6izR5Z8Uk

War Games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8aH1H01kb4&feature=related
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also just as 343 promised. No recycled maps and the maps are beautiful, as well as diverse. I saw a lava map, a snow capped mountain, a war machine factory, a forerunner bridge site, and that is just the little percentage of what is in the game. I can scarecly wait.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I really remember any Halo games ever having "recycled" maps to begin with.

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo Reach did unfortunately. They took scenes right out of campaign and made them into multiplayer maps. It felt lazy and the diversity of the maps themselves felt less than inspiring. So much Green, Grey, and Blue. I did'nt mind it with Firefight, but in multiplayer, it felt like Bungie got lazy.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune174 wrote:
Halo Reach did unfortunately. They took scenes right out of campaign and made them into multiplayer maps. It felt lazy and the diversity of the maps themselves felt less than inspiring. So much Green, Grey, and Blue. I did'nt mind it with Firefight, but in multiplayer, it felt like Bungie got lazy.
Oh, that's what you meant. Well, they probably felt that players would want to play multiplayer on those maps, or maybe they'd gotten demand previously from players wanting to play multiplayer on campaign maps.

Just because something seems like laziness, doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if they did a few maps, I might agree, but most of them were that way. At least in 3, they took elements from campaign and integrated them into actual and usable maps, which is why I preferred the maps from that game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only demand is for 343 to bring back Blood Gulch!!! And Halo 4 looks beautiful. But the Chief's helmet could use a tweak. It's too round on top and the visor is a little oddly shaped. Look at the difference between Halo 3 and 4's helmet for the Chief. You'll see my only tiny complaint. Other than that, I'm happy with Halo 4 so far. And the co-op mp story is gonna kick some ass.
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tariel_Uhara wrote:
My only demand is for 343 to bring back Blood Gulch!!! And Halo 4 looks beautiful. But the Chief's helmet could use a tweak. It's too round on top and the visor is a little oddly shaped. Look at the difference between Halo 3 and 4's helmet for the Chief. You'll see my only tiny complaint. Other than that, I'm happy with Halo 4 so far. And the co-op mp story is gonna kick some ass.

1. Blood Gulch came back in Anniversary, I believe.
2. If I remember correctly, 343 wanted to return MC's armour design more to the original design of Halo: CE, hence the different between Halo 4 and 3.

Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silvador wrote:
Tariel_Uhara wrote:

2. If I remember correctly, 343 wanted to return MC's armour design more to the original design of Halo: CE, hence the different between Halo 4 and 3.

They need to bring Blood Gulch back for 4, too. And that's cool that they're trying to reminisce about the best Halo game ever, but you can't give the Chief Halo 1 armor in Halo 4. He still has Halo 2's armor on, so they should've left it like it is until they rescue Chief and give his armor an upgrade. It just doesn't make sense for him to have been cryo-tubed for a little bit and then wake up with new armor without having ever been upgraded.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know to be honest since I have'nt played very much of Halo lately about the blood gulch. I know Beaver Creek made a return.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Halo 4 Reply with quote

I am so excited about Halo 4, I even preordered Halo4 Limited Edition
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They showed some new weapons and finally showed some gameplay for the Railgun. It looks sick. The new SAW machine gun I'm a bit iffy about since its new, but I am willing to use it if necessary. The shotgun is completely redesigned which is cool, and the Spartan Laser looks like its now back to its former glory.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Railgun! My favorite!!

Once this comes out I'm going to kill you with it Rune XD

My Fursona
HTTP://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11745

My FA
HTTP://www.furaffinity.net/user/artyomderison/
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a couple of multiplayer vids the other day... madness, just madness... in a good way, of course. Wink

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not before I get you with the railgun in turn. That is if they don't replace the grenade launcher.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on Rune!

Que the 80's style movie training montage video with epic theme music XD

My Fursona
HTTP://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11745

My FA
HTTP://www.furaffinity.net/user/artyomderison/
Mayfield

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silvador wrote:
Blood Gulch was actually Remade in 2,3, and Reach. Just redesigned and under a different name.

My FA

---Fursonna---
Rhoda Mayfield
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished reading Glasslands, and it kinda leaves the reader on a cliffhanger. Apparently, the Thursday War, the sequel to the Kilo-5 story, takes place nearly immediately in the events after Glasslands. Unfortunately, it won't be coming out till October, and only a few days right before the Forward Unto Dawn show comes out. Even less time considering the fact that its nearly a month before Halo 4 even comes out. Its kinda rushing the players to get up to date on the story
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune174 wrote:
I just finished reading Glasslands, and it kinda leaves the reader on a cliffhanger. Apparently, the Thursday War, the sequel to the Kilo-5 story, takes place nearly immediately in the events after Glasslands. Unfortunately, it won't be coming out till October, and only a few days right before the Forward Unto Dawn show comes out. Even less time considering the fact that its nearly a month before Halo 4 even comes out. Its kinda rushing the players to get up to date on the story

How is it rushing people to get up to date? These are side-stories, written secondary to the primary plot within the games. This is how WoW's lore got so jumbled. Nine dozen different books and extensions of the main story were made, scrambling the same version into incoherent, inconsistent babble that resulted in nothing more than fanatics bitching and whining that one is more accurate than the other when they don't even know.

Unless the movie/game/whatever explicitly says that you need read A and play B to understand the shit going on in C, EVERYTHING ELSE is irrelivant.

If it is important to the plot of the game, it will BE IN the game. Only manic fanboys go gaga over reading and playing every single conceivable piece of pie that is released in order to milk the main product of every ounce of cash.

"Oh, a novel has been written! I better read it or I won't understand what is happening in the game about the character THAT ISN'T EVEN IN THE FUCKING BOOK!"

Halo: Covenant are badass aliens on a Crusade for their religious beliefs. Badass soldier finds out the truth and stops life from being wiped out.

Halo 2&3: Covenant continue their Crusade. Badass soldier stops them AGAIN and convinces some of the badass aliens they are being lied to.

Halo 4: NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS BECAUSE SHIT AIN'T OUT YET!!!

Tell me, just how in the name of FUCK is reading a FICTIONAL book going to put you any more into the loop of the fictional plot line than playing the game itself? Just how the FUCK are you, YOU, being rushed, by ANYONE BUT YOURSELF, into reading these books?

If it's important to the game it will be in the game and anything else is just EXTRA SHIT like VISTA!

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just simply enjoy the story of the Halo universe. Its not that I like it to the point that I have to read every little detail of it, but it helps show a little more into what may happen in the game.

Halo: Fall of Reach. This game pretty much shows what happened that lead of to the events in Halo: Combat Evolved. Since the game started up in the middle of the action and they 'suddenly' placed you next to the forerunner ring. It shows who John 117 was before he was indoctrinated into the Spartan II program and how he was trained to use the Mjolnir armor and how he was chosen to be used to be a carrier for the Ai Cortana.

Halo: The Flood. This one was kinda unnecessary since you could pretty much play the game to know what was going on here, but it was still fun to see some different perspectives on how some of the personel from the PoA survived its terrain.

Halo: First Strike: Shows both how Sgt. Johnson survived the flood attack and how he was immune to their effects from a disease he had called Boron's Syndrome. It also showed how Master Chief was able to get back to earth because lets be honest, there was no way that a Longsword fighter without a Shaw Fujikawa translight slipspace drive could make it back to earth.

Halo: Cole Protocol: This story was a little Irrelevant to the plotline, but it did show what the person who is now Known as the Arbiter was like before he was shamed on the events of Halo 04.

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx: Introduces the Spartan IIIs and showed how the remaining Spartan IIs, Fred, Kelly, and Linda, survived the events of Reach.

Halo: Glasslands: Shows the UNSC Infinity and Spartan IV project, and how the technology found in the Dyson sphere inside of Onyx helped build the Infinity.

If you like the story of these games, its fun just to read them. They only release about 2 books per game release anyways and the books only get around 3-400 pages anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Ghost's of Onyx , good book, read it before I was allowed to play the games.
And I'll probably buy and read Cryptum since I wont be gaming until halo 4 comes out.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New vehicle: The Mantis
Map Remake: Valhalla (Dubbed as Ragnarok)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg-gspVSjak
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune174 wrote:
New vehicle: The Mantis
Map Remake: Valhalla (Dubbed as Ragnarok)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg-gspVSjak

Upon watching this video, several things come to mind...

A. Halo: Mech Edition!
B. When I was your age, we only had a rocket launcher to hog.
C. Tea bagging mechs... DOES THE RETARDATION OF IMMATURE FAGGOTS KNOW NO BOUNDS?! /facepalm

This video interested and excited me... until the end. I'm going to go lay down and die now.

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we know alot more now of what this thing is capable of.

1. Its slow
2. Its powerful
3. Can power stomp on the little guys.
4. Can Teabag.
5. Its epic.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune174 wrote:

1. Its slow

I'm sorry; did the definition of slow change while I wasn't looking? LOOK AT THAT THING! A single stride covers nearly 4 meters. That thing has gotta have a top speed of at least 20kph. Scorpions are slow. Wraiths are slow. That thing is not slow.

Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its slow enough to take a plasma bolt and become disabled. It won't be like the warthog, or the ghost or anything else where it would have a difficult time tracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4