JesseCapelli.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

The Rap industrie-great music,or just a gang committee?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: The Rap industrie-great music,or just a gang committee? Reply with quote

Ok this is another thread from me dedicated to philosphy Wink This time its about Hip-Hop.Express your oppinon on other music too.I would like to know what other people preffer. Smile
asanoryu

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punk never dies....
But Heavy metal is better
And about hip-hop let's say that real hip-hop is dead for long time now.
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hip-Hop dead?.... hope not Tongue
As for me: - Let there be rock, punk, even classic, more rock, heavy metal, instrumentals, beat and all toped with some more rock!!!!
asanoryu

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,i guess you didn't understand what i mean.Real hip-hop died long ago.There's no longer sense i this kind of music.Everybody is saying how much money,cars and b****es is he havin'.It's all about making money.Let me give you an example.I don't remember the name of not even a single rap song in the last few years.But remember the lirycs of almost every one from 7-8 years ago.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with mazda,asanoryu.Hip-Hop is far from death as it can be.It has just taken on a new form.The gangsta mentality.If you are referring to classic hip hop like N.W.A and ONYX,i totaly agree with you,but understand that with the new times comes a new beat. Wink Most of the rappers are like children,braging about stuff they did not have in their childhood.Take 50 for an example,he did make it to the top,becouse he had something to talk about,reflecting life on the streets.Thats why we like um,not because he's a rich and black mada$%#^@.If you ask me there is a slight difference between them.Nowadays its more of rap then hip-hop! Wink Wouldn't you agree?
As for the others...i like my share of metal and rock.But for me there is only one way to go!And thats a gangsta rap sh**t attack! Razz
asanoryu

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,YC,you may be right.But i am a bit too old for this new "look-at-me-we-ve-got-money-now" s**t.Just leave me to da old skool rap.And Techno beats,of course
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah!You give yourself too much credit asanoryu!Your not that old Very Happy ,but then again,i pretty much understand you.You grew up with the old school style of hip-hop,i must admit,i kinda envy you! Very Happy
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting old, hardly any new music seems worthwhile to me anymore, and that goes for both hip-hop and rock. I miss "The Chronic"-era Dr. Dre and Snoop, I miss Tupac, I miss the wild, dreadlocked Busta Rhymes... and as far as I'm concerned, Hova should have stayed retired.

It's the same with rock. The only decent groups are comprised of members of older bands (Velvet Revolver is basically Guns N Roses with the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots, Audioslave is Rage Against the Machine with Soundgarden's singer), and the whole emo-hipster movement has really, really gone out of hand...

Just as I miss the rap of 10 to 20 years ago, I start missing rock groups like the original STP, or Nirvana, or Alice In Chains... obviously, having been in highschool in the mid-to-late 90's, my musical tastes tend to reflect that period more, so I understand the natural bias.

50 Cent isn't too bad, and I even like The Game, but there comes a time when someone is obviously only caring about making instant, dance-able hits with no real substance to them (I'm looking at you, Lil' Jon). And as much as I'm a fan of Outkast, I have to admit that some of their work is so "out there" (especially Andre 3000's solo contributions to their last couple albums) that it barely counts as hiphop anymore, and perhaps the expectation gets in the way of enjoying the musical experience for what it is...

I don't know, I'm starting to babble...

Nevermind, nothing to see here... go about your business...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not overly fond of the Rap genre, myself. Nothing personal against it, most of it just doesn't appeal to me. The only Rap artists I can think of off hand that I do like are Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, and Citizen Cope. I'm really more of a metal head.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal is good.Rock too.Well Dre and Snoop are still bangin',so to say.They're making new hits,but lets face it,nothing beats "The Cronic".Although "Vato" and "Still D.R.E" arent too bad.Speaking of old school hip-hop,whatever hapend to House of Pain? Confused
50Cent is a newcomer.He made it because he was able to impress the younger audience.At first it was about his life.Now his braging about how much cars,money and women he has.Sometimes i hate um'! dry As for The Game,after that beef with 50,i dont dig his stile no more...Lil' John,P Diddy,Usher-they're not real rappers.And Lil John "invented" a new style of hip-hop-"Cronk".But i like his enthusiasum Very Happy YEEEIAA!OOOKAY!Now that just makes me laugh... Laughing
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a little delay... Well I am from Romania an the rap/hip-hop industry is very much the same... I think... Less bling and show, more reality. On a global scale... i think it is becoming more and more bling.
asanoryu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you know it-IT ALL ABOUT DA BLING.Noone has to say nuthin' meaningful.Only money,cars and s.o.That's not hip hop.Hip hop is about life.Someone's life.He thought it would be nice to tell you,yes you suburban child,that life sux.But don't lose hope.This can get getter if stick to your dreams.And someday things will change.And you'll have money and things.And on this day stop and think about where you came from.And remember that you did all in your life only chasing your dreams,not for Da Bling.peace out...
sLaV

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats my topic Very Happy Rap,Hip-Hop whatever you call it thats my favourite music style,yeah I listen to other music too but most of all Hip-Hop.In Bulgaria now there is a wave of Belly-bugy-mugy dancers or whatever they are called in English I realy don give a shit because this is the BIGEST CRAP ever made in the world every song is about love...no I don't have nothing against love but the songs are something like:"ove me hug me kiss my fuck me" and thats not in all but about 95% of the songs and if there are a "cool" song its covered by the Crap of the others.
So back to the Rap Game about this Old School New School I'd say that 50 Cent is my favourite [word censored] for the moment but he can't,and I personaly think that NO ONE can't be as good as 2Pac,He was the Greatest [word censored] of all time...
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whow!You gys gave me some material to catch up on eh?Okay then.First of all asanoryu,not all of todays rappers are about the bling bling.Most of them are still singing about life,theirs,yours,mine...I guess you're reffuring to singers like Lil'John,Usher,P Diddy,like i've said they are not real rappers,one should understand the difference,no matter how litle it is.And don't forget-Snoop,Dre,Busta Rhymes,Eminem are still here! Wink
Laughing I can say that i agree sLaV!G's up,h*s down! Very Happy
asanoryu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where are they,YC?No dre album in centuries,Eminem is a producer now,Snoop is goin' R&B FTW!.And do you remember this one:'just a lil' bit(money if i may say)' and many more of your favourite 50.And don't mention lil'John,Usher and Diddy.That's no hip hop,hommie. Peace
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did say 50 is my favorite.I prefer Redman,but thats another story!Sure Eminem is a producer,but that doesnt mean that he has stoped singing.The new album "Eminem Presents The Re-Up" is a fine example.As for Snoop-his kinda hard to figure out,one minute his making "Vato" the next "Drop it like its Hot"...But i gotta agree with you on Dre,i havent heard any of his songs lately Confused
asanoryu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Dre compilation 2 years ago.If you want it ask my brother to give it to.But no new song there.But the finest of dre's art
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eminem.... the first albums, personally i liked... like them. Yup... good times... Tongue
asanoryu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,that were good times.But now...Man,I haven't bought a rap album since...since...since like forever.Haven't heard something worth buying since Blade trinity's OST.Now that was some thing to listen to.With an exlusive of Ol'Dirty'B*******d(rest in peace,ODB)
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Trinity OST?Hmm...remind me to look for it someday!I got my hands on Redman-"Red Goes Wild(Thee Album)"and im listening to it 24/7. Tongue And im waiting for 50's new album,"Straight to The Bank".Looks like this summer its all about rap Twisted Evil
sLaV

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young Buck's new album is good if I may say Very Good its called Buck The World for those who dont know Smile
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck everything!Buck this,Buck that,Buck the system,Buck the police!I hate Young Buck! Angry And if you think otherwise then Buck you!
asanoryu

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yo,who's this guy-young buck,young dolla' ...oh,It doesn't matter what his name is.No rappers now,kapish?Rap is long gone!Long live the money-makin' machine called "hip-hop" industrie.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt it the other way? Wassat Hip-hop is gone and the "rap idustrie".Or whatever!Praise what you have,for you may not enjoy it long! Twisted Evil
asanoryu

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rap is all gone,but i still have my old skool records.And to be honest I don't want some new shit called "gangsta something".It' doesn't matter how much money they have,or how many cars they have.All that matters is that this is no music.Peace out!!!
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,i guess you're right,but i still find it one of the best ways to relax...that reminds me,someday soon i really should sit my ass down and grab a big oll' bottle of beer,find me a good book and enjoy myslef under the shade of my tree in the garden Tongue
asanoryu

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I invited?I looooove to relax with bottle of beer in hand in the shade of a tree.The shade is very important,cause you know today it was37 degrees C here.Man that what I call hot Surprised
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot?It was like a oven up in Pz!I had to change my t-shirt 5 times,only becouse i had...sweat stains Embarassed
And sure you're invited,or better yet we can make a trip outa town this saturday.What say you?
sLaV

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me In Very Happy I never miss a good beer with company Smile
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...too bad the weather is not suited for us to acomplish our endevours.Wow im starting to sound a bit like Xebulon Very Happy My english has gotten a litle better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1