JesseCapelli.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

War of the Worlds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave T

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: War of the Worlds Reply with quote

Just been to a preview screening of War of the Worlds.

Pretty cool movie and, like Batman Begins, surprisingly dark in tone.

Spielberg makes sparing use of special effects - without giving anything away, there's one scene which is pretty much just built up using sound effects and flashing lights, then you get the most awesome payoff when one of the characters looks outside to see what happened and you are finally shown the outcome of what you have just heard.

Having said that, when you do get special effects they are pretty terrific. Like the first appearance of one of the alien death machines (called Tripods in the movie) and subsequent scenes of devastation.

Anyway, interested to hear other comments about the movie.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: War of the Worlds Reply with quote

War of the Worlds was good. For the most part.

**SPOILER ALERT**

The ending was a huge disappointment to me. It was rather odd, that of all the people in boston, the mother and grandparents at the end of the movie was alive and well, and the grandparents looked like they just woke up and didn't even have a scratch or dust on their face. And of course the son survived. (Personally, I thought he was the most annoying character in the movie, which I was happy to see him die, but he managed to live at the end.)

This movie is a remake of course, and the ending should be of no surprise, that the aliens will die of a virus. And that our hero will live. They did add in a variation to the story I believe, with the son and the daughter.

There was a TVShow back in the late 80s that I watched for a while. It supposely picked up where the original Movie ended. Worth watching again if you guys are interested in the story of this movie/genre. It explained a little bit more about the Aliens and why they came and such. Season 2 of the show went down hill a bit. (sort of like Roswell going down hill by the 3rd season.)

What I enjoyed about War of the Worlds was seeing how people would react to an alien invasion. The *What If* scenario. Independence Day was a huge knock off of War of the Worlds with the whole computer virus at the end. Not sure if anybody picked up on that or not.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1